Thursday, May 27, 2010

First looks – Garmin nuvi 295W

First looks – Garmin nuvi 295W

Garmin nuvi 295W frontI’ve had the new WiFi-enabled Garmin nuvi 295W (Amazon) in my hands for 24 hours now and I thought I’d give you a sneak peek ahead of my full review. I don’t have a whole lot to say yet, but I will note the following:

  • The menu looks similar (in places at least) to that found on the forthcoming nuvi 3700 series
  • The hardware does indeed appear to be repurposed from the nuvifone G60, in design if not substance
  • WiFi and email setup are drop dead easy
  • The nuvi 295W has a powered mount, always a welcome addition

If there are things you’d like covered in my review, drop a comment below. Here are some more screenshots and a picture of the back:

nuvi 295W H menu

nuvi 295W weather

nuvi 295W multi-dest

nuvi 295W multi-dest2

nuvi 295W email

nuvi 295W email menu

nuvi 295W browser

nuvi 295W map screen

nuvi 295W unlock

nuvi 295W v menu


No comments:

Post a Comment